LIMITED TIME ONLY! Get $50 for Recycling Your Old Refrigerator or Freezer! Click here to download the recycling form.
The Energy Cooperative is offering rebates of up to $100, to residential electric cooperative members only, who recycle their old refrigerators and/or stand-alone freezers.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS:
- Available to residential electric members of The Energy Cooperative only.*
- Rebate does not apply to commercial or industrial accounts.
- Members must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be 10-30 cubic feet in size, utilizing inside measurements.
- Member must provide documentation that the older refrigerator or stand-alone was removed from the residence by a qualified business/service for recycling between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017. Units removed/recycled prior to July 1, 2016, are not eligible.
- The recycling documentation for the refrigerator or stand-alone freezer must be approved by The Energy Cooperative.
- A maximum of two $50 appliance rebates per residence (maximum $100) may be paid per residential consumer-member home during the current program year July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. Mail-in rebate documentation must be postmarked by July 2, 2017.
- The rebate will be paid to the Cooperative member-consumer, whose name is associated with the residential account, in the form of a check, to be mailed to the residence.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for approval and processing of the rebate check.
- The Energy Cooperative will not provide or arrange recycling service.
- Member is responsible recycling their own fridge.
- Donations or gifting of unit(s) does not qualify.
- Rebate amounts and eligible appliances are subject to change at any time.
- The Energy Cooperative reserves the right to refuse rebate request(s) if member’s ability to meet listed criteria are in question.
- Copies of recycling documentation should be mailed to The Energy Cooperative, Attention: Member Rebates, PO Box 4970, Newark, Ohio, 43058-4970. Please include your name, address, phone, and account number with your copies.
- Please do not send original documentation. The Energy Cooperative is not responsible for lost receipts.
- To submit your documentation for rebate processing in-person, please visit The Energy Cooperative’s main office at 1500 Granville Road, Newark, OH 43055.
- Certain restrictions apply.
*If you are NOT an electric member of The Energy Cooperative and would like to recycle your refrigerator, we recommend you check with your local electric service provider for possible rebate programs.