Newark, Ohio: The Energy Cooperative’s (TEC) Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Dan McVey, was recently elected as chairperson of the Licking County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. The announcement came at the recent Licking County Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner and Awards Celebration held in August.
McVey officially took over as chairperson on September 1. As chairperson of the board, McVey will serve as the chief-elected officer of the Licking Chamber of Commerce and preside over all meetings of the board of directors and executive committee. He will also lead the organization’s staff and board members through a strategic planning session this month and a review of the goals, plans and strategies.
McVey’s responsibilities also include:
- Directing the board in formulating policies and programs that will further the goals and objectives of the Chamber
- Working with the president of the Chamber to prepare the agenda for meetings of the board of directors and executive committee
- Serving as emcee for the Groundhog Breakfast in February at The Ohio State University at Newark/Central Ohio Technical College
- Presenting a report and introducing the new officers at the annual dinner and awards celebration to be held in August, 2017
- Conducting an annual review of the president’s performance.
Dan McVey joined National Gas & Oil Corporation, a subsidiary of TEC, in 1995 as a district engineer. In 1997, he was promoted to vice president and chief operating officer for NGO Development Corporation, also a subsidiary of TEC. In 2004, he assumed the additional responsibility for natural gas transmission and distribution operations.
McVey received a Bachelor of Science in petroleum engineering from Marietta College and a master’s degree from West Virginia University. Dan is a former trustee for the Ohio Oil and Gas Association, past president of the Ohio Society of Petroleum Engineers, and serves on various nonprofit boards including Zanesville Rotary Club, GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation, and Muskingum Valley Miracle League.