THIS REBATE PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO MEMBERS OF THE ENERGY COOPERATIVE BASED IN NEWARK, OHIO.
The Energy Cooperative (TEC) is offering rebates of up to $400, to residential electric cooperative members only, who replace their existing refrigerators or stand-alone freezers with a qualifying new ENERGY STAR®-listed appliance, and recycle the older unit being replaced.
- Refrigerators and stand-alone freezers must be new and ENERGY STAR® rated at time of purchase and installation.
- Only new ENERGY STAR® refrigerators sized 10-30 cubic feet are eligible.
- Only new ENERGY STAR® stand-alone freezers sized 10-30 cubic feet are eligible.
- Members moving into a new home where there are no existing appliances are not eligible.
ELIGIBILITY FOR REBATE:
- The member must provide a copy of the purchase receipt for the new ENERGY STAR® refrigerator or stand-alone freezer that was purchased and installed in a residence served by The Energy Cooperative between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017. Units purchased prior to July 1, 2016, are not eligible.
- Member must also include proof of ENERGY STAR®-listing®, such as a copy of the yellow Energy Guide label or owner’s manual (must include ENERGY STAR® logo or statement of ENERGY STAR®-certification). See example of ENERGY STAR® tag.
- Member must show documentation proving the older unit(s) that are being replaced have been removed from the residence and recycled.
- The building in which the new ENERGY STAR® appliance is installed must be a residence that purchases electricity from The Energy Cooperative. No commercial or industrial buildings.
- All mail-in rebates must be post-marked by July 2, 2017 to be eligible.
- Do not send original documents. The Energy Cooperative is not responsible for lost documentation.
- Units not meeting cubic feet requirements are not eligible for this program.
- All documentation for the purchase and installation of the ENERGY STAR® refrigerator or stand-alone freezer must be approved by The Energy Cooperative.
- Rebate is to be paid to the Cooperative electric member-consumer, whose name is associated with the electric account. The rebate cannot be paid to a home builder/dealer.
- Offer expires when funds are depleted on a first-come, first served basis or when/if the program is discontinued by Ohio’s Rural Electric Cooperatives.
- A maximum of four ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates (maximum $400) may be paid per electric residential member during the current program year July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017. A maximum of two ENERGY STAR® refrigerator and/or two ENERGY STAR® stand-alone freezer rebates may be paid per electric residential consumer-member home during the current program year.*
- The rebate will be paid to the Cooperative member-consumer whose name is associated with the electric residential account, in the form of a check, to be mailed to the residence. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the approval and processing of the rebate check.
- By providing documentation that the old refrigerator and/or freezer was removed from the residence for recycling, the member also qualifies for The Energy Cooperative’s $50 refrigerator/freezer recycling rebate.
If you have any questions, please contact our Member Service Department at (800) 255-6815 or email email@example.com.
- If you are NOT and electric member of The Energy Cooperative, and are interested in ENERGY STAR appliance rebates, we recommend you check with your local electric service provider for possible rebate programs.